Product category tracking
Tracking product category can be useful to know how a particular product category is performing and also send personalized coupons/offers for better conversions. To track which product category your users visited, follow the steps below.
1.Login to your CustomerLabs account
2. Launch Action Recorder by clicking the camera icon
3. You will be redirected to your website and Action Recorder panel will open up
4. Click on “Record Action” to start recording
5. Select “Category Viewed” under Action Name or create a custom name if you wish
6. Now set the Action Type to “Page view” and click on “Add details” to proceed
7. Select the event attribute. In this case, it is “Category name”
8. Next click on “Index finger” icon to go to your website
9. Click on a product category that you want to track on your website
10. After selecting the category you will be redirected to the Action Recorder panel, click on “Save” and then “Next | Post Action Trigger”
11. You can skip the next step by clicking on “Next | Tracking rule”
12. Since the product category link is on the navigation bar, we need to track it on all pages. So select “All pages” and click “Save” and then “Save Action”
13. Awesome! Your eCommerce product category event has been configured!
15. If you’re still facing issues, get in touch with our team by clicking on the chat icon on the lower right corner. We will set up all your events for free 🙂